Monday, March 1, 2010

Doing What We Can

I have very recently been forced reevaluate what that means. There seems to be a large difference between what I can do and what I want to do; Or even what I think I can do.

I've been facing some health issues that are ongoing and sometimes very disruptive of my normal life. I'm doing my best to get to the bottom of what it is, but I need to rely on Doctors (who all seem to very busy doing something else all) to answer my questions. When I'm home fighting off a(nother) migraine or been struck by a(nother) virus I often sit and worry about all my responsibilities.

My school work isn't going to do itself. What about lectures and notes that I'm missing? How will this affect my GPA? Will I have to repeat this term? What if it's something serious? What about my job? How am I going to get the hours I need in? What about moving for school? How will I afford it? My room needs cleaning, when will I find the time? I don't have any groceries, what will I eat?.... this list is continuous. It NEVER stops. Unless I make it.

Frankly, that is exactly what I need to do. Stop! The world will continue without me. School may be important, but my health is more important.

So what does "doing what I can mean" today? It means writing this post (although it hurts my head), a little tidying and missing an appointment and a class. Feels like I'm missing more than I'm accomplishing, but that's all I can do. I need to accept it. Everyone needs to accept their limitations be they "normal" limitations or those for the day.

This is all easier said than done, of course. I guess all I can do is try.

No comments:

Post a Comment